[BlindMath] CAS calculator recommendations needed

Lisa Brandt lisa.brandt1 at pcc.edu
Fri Apr 7 19:30:35 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I am an accessibility technician at Portland Community College, and a
lurker on this list. We have a student who has very low vision, and is
taking an Elementary Functions class. We have an Orion TI-84 Plus Talking
Graphing Calculator available for loan, but the instructor strongly
recommends a calculator with a computer algebra system. The TI-Nspire CX
and student software is recommended for this course.

I'm not sure if the instructor requires a handheld device, or if software
would be acceptable.

Can anyone give me suggestions?

Thank you!
Lisa