[Blindmath] Assistance with a competition

Santiago Velasquez zanty410 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:27:21 UTC 2017

Good day to you all, I hope this email finds you well.

A few weeks back an organisation called Light House for the Blind launched a competition called the Holman prize. They are based in San Francisco California. The aim of the competition is to provide up to $25000 for an idea that can benefit the blind community as well as the community at large. Some Engineering friends and I entered into it  with an idea, it is titled EyeSyght. The purpose of EyeSyght is to enable blind users to instantly feel anything that is being displayed on a screen. However, the applications are endless. the benefits that we have found outside of the blind community range from Virtual reality, augmented reality, E-commerce, medicine, and so much more. Having the sensation of a physical keyboard on a touchscreen, being able to actually feel the textures in a virtual world, and giving doctors the ability to operate a person without having to open them up, while still having the same sensation as if their hands were inside of them. This will all be possible. However, we need your, and your friends assistance. To enter we had to submit a 90 second video pitch, and to move to the second stage we need our video to have the most Youtube likes.

Below is the link to the competition, and to our youtube video pitch.
Youtube video pitch:
https://youtu.be/NrkHrR5S0Nw <https://youtu.be/NrkHrR5S0Nw>

Link to the Holman Prize competition:
https://www.holmanprize.org/candidates/2017/2/27/santiago-would

If you think this is a worthwhile idea, I would appreciate if you are able to share the Youtube video throughout your network of contacts, asking them to like it on Youtube, and asking them to repeat the process with their network of contacts.

Thank you very much for anything you are able to do.
Kind regards
Santi