[BlindMath] disabling math ML in place of LaTex

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 06:52:11 UTC 2017

Hi there Tyler et al.,
This won't be of much help, but I'm wondering about math on Wikipedia
myself, although I'm still only semi-literate with LaTex. I've found that
with JAWS, Math Player,  and Firefox I can get easier access to what I
assume to be Math ML math formulae by pressing enter on equations I see--I'm
not sure if the instances of this were specially marked up or what. Is math
ML particularly prone to displaying in an odd manor? Browsers can switch
between Math ML and LaTex--can't they?
I and many of my colleagues in Environmental science don't seem to have the
pressing need to know LaTex, and thus I've not been directly instructed;
thus I've found web content to be often difficult, but I am still a
greenhorn when it comes to dealing with this biz in smart tactical fashion.
Best,
Trevor