[BlindMath] Seeking Resources to Self-Study Math for Programming

White, Jason J jjwhite at ets.org
Mon Jun 19 12:03:20 UTC 2017

[Jason] The equations are in MathML. If you're using Orca as your screen reader, it's likely that the braille mathematics support hasn't been implemented yet. If I remember rightly, Joanie was working with Mozilla Firefox developers to implement MathML, but I don't know how far this little project has progressed at this point.
Your other option is ChromeVox, which also includes some support for MathML, though I don't know how good this is as of the latest version, and, if I remember correctly, you have to build a custom version of Chromium from source to use it under Linux. I won't be able to try that until my new laptop arrives, as the old one has insufficient memory to compile a Web browser.

Thank you for your compliance.