[BlindMath] [BlMath] Getting a Text Book

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:34:53 UTC 2017

Hi Zach,

Yes, it is entirely possible that there actually is not an electronic
version of the book from the publisher. Accessible electronic versions
of textbooks didn't really become popular until some time after 2004,
and they're actually still not popular. In any case the book would
have to have been written before 2004 since the publishing process is
painstakingly slow. If you have accessible content for the text, maybe
you could get graphics and tables and charts embossed by your DSPS
office or a Braille agency. You could also get a reader to help you
with the numbers and stuff. Sometimes low tech solutions are the most
applicable in these cases. Hope this helps!