[BlindMath] Looking for Braille Discrete Math Book

Greg Williams greg.williams.1978 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 14:31:41 UTC 2017

Hi Timothy,
There is a database of books that have been brailled maintained by APH
that you can check. However, it looks to me like this book was probably
authored in LaTeX, and if it is not available in braille, contact the
author to see if he would be willing to send you the source files which
can be read directly on a braille display (somewhat of a pain because
you have to function as your own LaTeX interpreter), can be converted to
HTML pages with MATHML for the mathematics, or possibly converted into
braille with Duxbury (I have not used Duxbury in years, so do not know
its current status for working with LaTeX). Converting the LaTeX source
to HTML with MATHML would allow you to use both speech and braille using
NVDA with MathPlayer and a braille display, but there are still likely
to be equations which have issues with both the spoken form or the
displayed Nemeth version, so you will either need occasional sighted
assistance or have to consult the LaTeX source directly.
Greg