[BlindMath] Nemeth Code

Todd Schwanke todd.schwanke at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 30 22:02:16 UTC 2017

Nicholas:

I looked a while back for the company that made Nemetex and couldn't find info on what happened to the company or the product.  Here's a bit of info on the developer of Nemetex
Nicole Torcolini
https://news.cs.washington.edu/2013/08/01/uw-cse-accesscomputing-alumna-nicole-torcolini-profiled-by-ncwit/

Other alternatives for Braille input include Braille notetakers such as the BrailleNote and Apex.

As Sarah indicated, it's also not just a matter of what tools support Nemeth, but also the level of math they support   When I last communicated with Nicole on the Nemetex product, she indicated that it was recommended only through basic calculus with small to medium sized documents.

You may also want to check out Lean Math.  This page has some links.
http://access2science.com/indexAccessibility.html

Todd Schwanke
UW-Madison