[BlindMath] Literature on advanced probability and statistics

Łukasz Grabowski graboluk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:05:29 UTC 2018

If it's advanced then presumably the student took already some maths
courses, if so how did he/she access university maths textbooks? Audio,
nemeth, reading latex code?

You can have a look here for probability (2nd year course):
http://maths.lancs.ac.uk/grabows1/web/accessible/math230/math230_notes.tex/index.html
and here for stats (2nd year course):
http://maths.lancs.ac.uk/grabows1/web/accessible/math235/Math235-2016Lec_new.tex/index.html

For 2nd year courses these are relatively easy. You need NVDA with
mathplayer to access the maths - it should produce either an audio
output or nemeth. Having said that these were prepared for non-blind
vis impaired student, and noone's ever checked if audio/nemeth is of
good quality.

If it is latex which you're looking for then likely eihther lecturer
prepare their own notes or he should do his job and look for suitable
lecture notes on the internet with latex source publically available
(it's really the lecturer who should do it)

Best,
Lukasz