[BlindMath] What does the largest one-day drop in market value sound like?

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 20:22:46 UTC 2018

Thank you so much. I will look at that.Now here is my next question. Instructors keep tagging blind people with spatial processing deficits. I was tagged with this, but I learned that I actually can process spatial information. Most of the time, that information just isn't available. When I walk somewhere, I can't remember what I did or where I went, but if I take a binaural recording and listen to it while I am sitting still, I can remember and it is very different to anything that I have experienced before. I believe I am processing spatial information. I have felt my brain trying to process this information before as though it is working or something is on the tip of my tongue, but it just hasn't happened. And then I played a game called a blind legend. I have always had trouble with games like text adventures because I could never keep track of where I was, but in A Blind Legend, I could keep track of every where I was going. I discovered by Nora recording from this barbershop video, and I was very surprised that when I listened to the recording, I could keep track of where everything was in the room including where I was sitting, where the guitar was, where the phone was, and where the sink was when I could not do that in real life. So I am wondering whether this is just unique to me or whether this is the case with many people who have always been blind and who have been tagged with spatial processing deficits? I also wonder whether I really do have spatial processing deficits now. What I mean is since I never received spatial information that I could process and since I never received appropriate instruction to use the correct information I was receiving in the environment, did that caused me to develop a spatial deficit when I did not have to have one, or do I actually not have a spatial processing deficit, meaning that I can process spatial information when presented to me in the right way just as well as anyone else? Like I guess to rephrase my question, if you were cited and you never looked at anything like you went around blindfolded and you did that for years and then you finally started looking at things, would you still be cited just like other sighted people? Is my situation even the equivalent to that because I don't know if I actually did develop spacially and I just did not realize it because people just kept giving me tactile maps and pictures and things, If I partially developed because of natural processes, but not as well as I could have, if I did not develop in this area but I still have the capacity to just like everyone else, or if I could have developed in this area earlier, but I missed that window and no I will never be like other people. I do not know a lot about brain research and I don't know a lot about this area. All I know is that the capacity for me to process this information is there. I was told growing up that the part of my brain that is supposed to process that information is not working. However, with this special type of information, it works great, so that means that that part of my brain is working. Is really weird. It is almost like having another sense that I did not have before like hearing or feeling, but something else. What can I now due to develop it to its full capacity? Or at least to try? Or is it already developed to its full capacity and I just have to use it? Regardless, what can I do so that I know longer have  spacial processing deficit? I suppose I will always have spacial processing differences, but it doesn't have to be a deficit. If my hypothesis is right, what can we do so that people like me are no longer taught incorrectly, invalidated concerning experiences with echo location, presented with information they will never be designed to process and shamed for it, or even told by some instructors that they are purposely messing things up and not following directions.

Sabra Ewing