[BlindMath] A question about vocal software

Neil Soiffer soiffer at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 10 06:21:24 UTC 2018

Two more modern solutions would be TextHelp's EquatIO which allows speech
input (uses Google's speech recognition technology) and some version of
Pearson's accessible editor (uses Dragon Naturally speaking's technology).
Neither has studied error rates, although both do a pretty good job.
However, neither speech recognition engine is really trained for math, so
errors will happen. Dealing with those errors will likely be a
problem/source of frustration for the student. Still, something is better
than nothing...

     Neil