[BlindMath] accessing math content using screen reader

Adil Shaikh ah.shaikh97 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:23:43 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I had learnt math using braille math slate in schooling  days, But I have been away from math for last 3 years. This year, I’m going to pursue my graduation first year. I would be really grateful if someone tell me how you access math content on windows using JAWS or NVDA.
I have few questions.

1. How do you read the math content if it is in PDF file?
2. What are the accessible website to learn or practice math?
3. I have read about math player, but still find difficult to get it working with NVDA and Firefox.
4. Is it possible to learn trigonometry or geometry using these assistive technologies?
5. Do I have to use embossed diagram to understand the concepts?
6. How should I approach my professors to help me for my doubts?

Please, I need your help.
Thanks in advance

Best regards