[BlindMath] A question from developers

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jul 24 21:34:43 UTC 2018

I assume you mean braille v audio only. The braille output depends on software to get the right content displayed, and in practically every setting this is the same screen reading software that generates the audio.

I started life as an audio only LaTeX user, but I do want to use braille at times of my choosing. I promote braille (in conjunction with audio) as the best option that anyone serious about coding must have at their disposal.

I always have my display set to computer braille so that the greatest set of symbols is available in a single cell, including the \ symbols. This is crucial as in much of my coding, the \ is used for an escape character and to get a single \ printed I need to use \\ everywhere. In situations where a file is doubly processed, I need to put in four \ symbols to generate a single one in the final output.

Braille is essential and ought to be totally complementary to audio in any solution being developed.

Jonathan