[BlindMath] Transcribing math

J Acheson listsetal at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 18:17:08 UTC 2018

Greetings!
When I produce math materials in braille, I enter it in Nemeth or UEB code by hand using Duxbury. For me this is fast & easy. I currently need to train others who do not know braille how to prepare math using a computer. Their input will then be brailled.

Would you please recommend either a program and/or an available tutorial that would help expedite their work and their learning process and be more mainstream for those who do not know braille? For example, I know you can enter math equations using features within MS Word. Does anybody know of a tutorial for this feature?

Yes, I know that it is better to have people such as ourselves preparing equations for transcription, but it is not an option available to me as school systems do not always hire people with such qualifications.

Here comes my usual disclaimer: answering on list may be a help to many other people as well as to myself, but if you prefer, you are welcome to contact me off list.

Thank you,
Janet