[BlindMath] LaTeX to Math ml?

Joseph Polizzotto jpolizzotto at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 27 04:43:54 UTC 2018

An easy way to convert your LaTeX file to MathML is with the CLI tool
pandoc.

https://pandoc.org/index.html

Then just open the terminal and type:

pandoc path/to/your/file.tex -s —mathml -o path/to/output.html

Or if you need MathJax rendered math, just use the the mathjax switch
instead:

pandoc path/to/your/file.tex -s —mathjax -o path/to/output.html

There is also a pandoc filter you can use that outputs the TeX as SVG with
descriptive alt text.

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-tex2svg

You would need to install math jax node first. Then append

—filter pandoc-tex2svg

to your pandoc command.

Be careful with the use of LaTeX macros as these may not convert properly
with pandoc.

Finally, you could use the —gladtex switch instead which outputs LaTeX as
alt text for PNG images. At least that way you could have the latex on your
RFBD and not have to worry about MathML browser rendering or mathJax or
Math Player.

HTH,

Joseph

--