[BlindMath] LaTeX to Math ml?

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Fri Jul 27 14:51:17 UTC 2018

MLvB> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 23:14:05 -0400
MLvB> From: Michael Link via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org>

MLvB> I would personally spend the time getting used to LaTeX.  Most
MLvB> college math professors will be using LaTeX as their primary way
MLvB> to write up assignments and tests, and it will make your life
MLvB> easier to start to understand the formatting of it.  I now have
MLvB> to create all of my work in LaTeX, and am feeling the learning
MLvB> curve myself. I'm sure there are many on this forum and others
MLvB> that can help you get set up, myself included.

A related question: are the current LaTeX learning materials (books,
web pages etc) adequate for blind persons?  Most of those I've read
are visually oriented: this LaTeX code produces an equation that looks
like this.  I would imagine we need something contents-oriented: this
LaTeX code has this meaning.

We at TUG have TeX education working group,
https://tug.org/twg/edutex/.  If there are some materials useful
specifically for teaching visually impaired persons, let me know, and
I will add links to the edutex web page.  If there are no such
materials, we can talk to publishers about a book project.

--
Good luck

-Boris

It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both
incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by
twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper.
		-- Rod Serling