[BlindMath] Geometry in a high school mainstream class

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:42:36 UTC 2018

Also, you do not want to give the student the exact same thing it be cited students are receiving because this can result in equal access at times. For example, there could be a problem that shows a picture of a ladder leaning up against a tree. You would not produce a tactile picture that actually included the ladder and a tree and all of the tree branches. You would make one line labeled ladder and one line labeled tree and one line labeled ground. If there is a person in the picture, You would not produce a tactile image of this person. You would put a dot to represent the person instead. My textbooks often produced the exact same tactile image that was in the print textbook, and I could not understand the picture. For some pictures, you will also have to decide whether a verbal description would be better.

Sabra Ewing