[BlindMath] Online assignments

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 22:21:21 UTC 2018

Lauren, you are incorrect about this. A lot of these online platforms are not accessible at all. They use/camera and even if parts of them are accessible, you cannot read the equations. I have had lots of experience with these things in college. I was never able to get access to these things. This is the schools problem using and it's a support system, and legislation is coming out to address that, but that did not help me get through the course. I just had to take the classes and parallel with my peers, using a textbook that was not part of the online system, and having the professor assigned me problems from that book as well as locating other practice problems for me to do. It was not equal access at all. I did not get the immediate feedback, I did not have a system that reported my problem areas and gave me customized review problems, or any of that, but it was the only thing we could think of.

Sabra Ewing