[BlindMath] Reading equations character by character

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 1 15:29:22 UTC 2018

This is not an equation I was familiar with but it is actually a very simple
equation.  The alttext is unnecessarily cumbersome and may have been
generated automatically.

Using a small letter for pressure the equation can be expressed as
p(t) equals  s times e to the power -r all times (1-r) or
p(t) .k se^-r"(1-r) in Nemeth braille.

The equation uses two constants. Here I used s for the constant p subscript
s.

The second constant is tee star or tee superscript asterisk. Since tee star
is only used as the denominator in the fraction tee over tee star I used r
for this fraction.

It is unfortunate that the print notation used in the article obscures the
simple structure of this equation. The way I've written it makes it easy to
understand what happens when r is greater than one, equal to one, or less
than one.

Susan Jolly