[BlindMath] Duxbury and Scientific Notebook

Caryn Navy caryn at duxsys.com
Tue Sep 25 18:31:31 UTC 2018

Hello J and Sharon.

I came across a nice document about Scientific Notebook, listing a large
number of Scientific Notebook hotkeys, at:

http://accessinghigherground.org/handouts2013/HTCTU%20Alt%20Format%20Manuals/Math%20Accommodations/Do%20Not%20Print/Reference%20do%20not%20print/Scientific%20Notebook%205.doc

At Duxbury we recommend working with Scientific Notebook 5.5. Even
though this document refers to Scientific Notebook 5.0, my guess is that
this document also applies to Scientific Notebook 5.5. But that is worth
double checking.

If you have a .tex file created by Scientific Notebook 5.5, you can just
tell DBT to open that file. It is very helpful to turn on the Coded view
in DBT (toggled with Alt+F3) in order to see the math commands that
appear as DBT codes. For example, fraction start appears as [fs].

To open a document from Scientific Notebook in DBT, save it as a .tex
file and open that in DBT.

To produce Nemeth Code in UEB context use the DBT template called
English (UEB) - BANA with Nemeth, which was introduced in DBT 11.3. In
the current version, DBT 12.3, with the English (UEB) - BANA with Nemeth
template, DBT's LaTeX importer avoids unnecessary switches in and out of
Nemeth Code.

All the best,

Caryn

Caryn Navy