[BlindMath] Gardner–Salinas braille codes?

Bill Dengler codeofdusk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:15:19 UTC 2018

John,
Thanks for emailing me.
Yes, GS6 seems quite similar to UEB (with differences in numbers and a few other symbols). Is UEB based on it, or are they both based on some other common code?
Crazy that GS numbers were rejected on a 5-4 vote!
In terms of GS8, is this essentially just for braille displays, or are there machines for writing it on paper as well?
Re Lean Math: is it available for general use now, or still a closed beta?
Finally, the GS reference pages from the Oregon State University website seem to be gone. Are they still available at a different location?

Thanks,
Bill