[BlindMath] Support for MathML in browsers/screen readers

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:09:04 UTC 2019

Hi

There has been a discussion about browser/screen reader support for
MathML content over on the WebAIM mailing list.
Can anybody give me the quick answer about MathML support? Which
browser/SR combinations are the best?
Does installing a browser add-on or some suchmake the experience better?
With assessments moving from paper to the web, we need to ensure
web-based math can be encoded in a way that is undersandable to a
screen reader user.
Ihave not been keeping up with math for some time now (I ambusy with
web and mobile aps accessibility) but my understanding was that MathML
support has been inadequate/inconsistent, but I definitely hope that
impression is inaccurate. :)Thanks
-B