[BlindMath] Your experience of learning LaTeX

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:32:02 UTC 2020

Hi

I hope you're keeping safe and well. I'd appreciate comments on your
experience of learning latex, and any advice you can give to make things go
better.

Below are three recent URLs, all new this year. The first two take
different approaches to improving the online learning experience. The third
is the video of a talk at this year's TeX User's Group conference, which
focussed on exploring the user experience for sighted users.

Here are the URLs. (Disclaimer, I'm the author of the last two.)

1. https://www.learnlatex.org/en/lesson-03
2. https://jfine2358.github.io/post/2020/01/01/latex-type-tutor/
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpOLBMeVBo

I've some background, from working at the UK's Open University as a LaTeX
expert, in accessibility problems and solutions. I've been told many times
that the earlier accessibility is addressed, the better and cheaper the
solution. And I know that visual impairment is not one thing, the same for
everyone.

I'm interested in all responses, even if not related to the URLs above.
I'll make some effort afterwards to summarize and disseminate what you say.

with best regards

Jonathan