[BlindMath] Inaccessible math books

Kellee Sanchez kelleesanchez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:01:58 UTC 2021

Thank you all for all of the information and new-found motivation to speak
up about inaccessible books and how to move in a proactive direction. The
information provided by @Nikita was very helpful for my journey. I
downloaded Mathpix, used the screenshot tool to paste it to Word doc and
lo' and behold the Focus40 was able to pick up the image correctly as well
as VoiceOver on the MacBook and JAWS. However, from my very limited
knowledge of Mathpix, a screen reader user would be unsuccessful without
sighted assistance. If anyone else here has used Mathpix more frequently
and has thoughts I would be grateful to read about them!