[BlindMath] Question about the visualization of mathematical Concepts

Niels Luithardt niels.luithardt at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:43:34 UTC 2021

Hello John,

that's a good point you raise. Sighted people visualize things by
drawing things on paper. We as blind people can of course try to
simulate this approach of the sighted world with technical aids as
Louis described. But is that the way we should go as blind people?
Mathematics takes place in the head.

The question that concerns me is how the conceptualization takes place
in the blind, how the anchoring takes place. Isn't it better to learn
in pictures than to dully memorize complicated quantifier chains?
Without having a picture of what all the quantifiers want to tell me?

Kind Regards