[BlindMath] Using Matlab with Jaws

Duncan Bell 01belld at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:47:48 UTC 2021

Hello, Please can anyone advise on how to use Matlab with Jaws?

I've just started my new job, and need to use Matlab to run and develop
Matlab code; I've no choice about Matlab, its what the rest of the research
group uses.

1] can I use Matlab with Jaws, or do I need to use NVDA?

2] Can I run the desktop version of Matlab with a screen reader, or do I
need to use "Matlab Online?"

3] Any general advice about using Matlab? I've read the instructions that
Mathworks have produced regarding using "Matlab Online" with a screen
reader, but what I read doesn't seem to correspond with what I'm
experiencing.

Thanks, Duncan