[BlindMath] How should ray notation be read by a screen reader?

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:31:47 UTC 2022

Hi Carolyn

I would say something like "vector K to L" or "vector K L". Here I assume
that the notation stands for a vector, which in 4th grade it might not. To
find out what the notation means, backtrack to the point at which the
notation is introduced. Better depending on context might be something
else, such as "K to L".

One final word. The name \overightarrow describes a visual effect that is
often used to stand for a vector. It does not give the meaning of the
notation.

Disclaimer. I'm an expert in LaTeX, but not in teaching mathematics to the
visually impaired.

Jonathan