[BlindMath] Current strategies regarding accessible mathematics

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Mon Mar 14 13:50:14 UTC 2022

Hi Jonathan Godfrey.  Thank you so much for this extensive write-up.  As a not-blind producer of alternate format for students who are blind, understanding what works (and what doesn't) is critical to growth in this field. I have been producing MathML for years, and it still does work the best, if my blind students are telling me the truth.  I dabble in Latex, but why bother when MathML really gives a full experience and it is something I already know how to produce?

I'm keeping your email for future reference, as I'm always wanting to learn new things!

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
Division of Student Affairs
T 303 735 4836
www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices

Due to the nature of electronic communication, the security of this message cannot be guaranteed. If you’ve received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.