[BlindMath] Current strategies regarding accessible mathematics

prayner at unimelb.edu.au prayner at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 15 04:23:27 UTC 2022

I've forgotten the technical detail but, at least for interacting with
linux and orca, the overleaf accessibility problem sounded very hard>
I think the standard text-editing widgets weren't performant enough
for their needs. There is a usable alternative. You can treat each
overleaf project as a git repository, clone it, work off line in your
favourite editor then push things back. Not perfect but it has worked
for the last twenty or so papers I've written with students. How is
maths handled in the google suite? Its accessibility is unreliable
while overleaf is reliably bad.
cheers
Peter
David Engebretson Jr. via BlindMath writes:
>I've noticed the WCAG compliance of Overleaf is lacking. Especially in its
>output formats.
>
>Kind of a bummer since that is what our professors seem to be moving to
>because of its collaborative features.
>
>Thanks again for all of your commentary!
>David

Peter Rayner (he/him), Room 371, Building 200, University of Melbourne
Academic Lead - Climate & Energy College <https://www.climatecollege.unimelb.edu.au>
mobile +61 402 752 379, skype: petermorag
zoom id 4431343191, join at  <https://unimelb.zoom.us/j/4431343191?pwd=a1E5Z3JEOTRVQUJsaVdRbVUvR1QyZz09>
mail-to: prayner at unimelb.edu.au TWITTER: @raynerstrings
google scholar
<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=H3up71wAAAAJ&hl=en>
profile: <https://findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/profile/59812-peter-rayner>
I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work, the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation, and pay my respect to their Elders, past and present
I am sending this email when convenient for me, please only respond when convenient for you