[BlindMath] STEM author access: Online meeting: Thu 1 Dec, 6:30 to 8:30pm BST (UK time)

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:15:02 UTC 2022

Hi Vincent

Thank you for your interest. My main concern is to build bridges between
groups such as this list and the Blind Math list, the TeX community and
sighted persons in STEM who care about accessibility. Working together we
can make things better.

I'm excited by the opportunities by the work the arxiv team is doing. They
are well placed to inform and influence many researchers in the STEM
community. And also the TeX developer community, who at present don't fully
recognise the importance of markdown and HTML.

As I said, I'm now retired. I know a lot about TeX, I regularly use Python,
and I have research interests in pure mathematics, mainly geometry,
topology and combinatorics. From working at the Open University in the UK,
I have some background in STEM accessibility.

with kind regards

Jonathan