[BlindMath] Accessibility issues with MATLAB_R2022b on mac

Lucas Nadolskis nadol012 at umn.edu
Fri Sep 16 09:47:35 UTC 2022

I use matlab on cmd line for work.

It is quite straightforward to create figures with  imagesc etc…
By typing imagesc on the command line, Matlab generate the image opening the graphical interface.
What I usually do, is to also use the save command, so we can store the figure.

Any other comments typed into the comment line, like color bar, will change the image that is currently displaying on the graphical interface
> If you need any help feel free to contact me.
Kind regards.

Lucas nadolskis
> On Sep 16, 2022, at 5:34 AM, Santiago Velasquez via BlindMath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Lucas,
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestion. I sometimes need to create
> figures, and I wasn’t sure if this could be done while running Matlab from
> the command line. However, I am definitely going to give it a go. I guess
> force of habit of having an accessible Matlab also didn’t push me to
> explore the commandline options. However, as mentioned on my original
> email, the version I used to use is from more than 5 years ago.
>
> Regards
> Santi
>
>> On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 at 7:20 pm, Lucas Nadolskis via BlindMath <
>> blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Santi
>> Is there any specific reason why you are using the graphical interface and
>> not the terminal version?
>>
>> I am using the same version for matlab, and it runs fine on the command
>> line.
>>
>> Kind regards.
>>
>> Lucas Nadolskis
>>> On Sep 16, 2022, at 1:22 AM, Santiago Velasquez via BlindMath <
>> blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> I hope everybody is doing well. I upgraded my computer since my 2015 15
>> inch Mac book pro was telling me that it was not keen to continue. I just
>> installed MATLAB_R2022b and while I have seen accessibility issues with it
>> and Voice Over be mentioned on this list, I am hoping somebody can Pointe
>> me in the right direction with my issue.
>>>
>>> I can access most of the UI elements, including the command line, but I
>> cannot seem to figure how to get to a using Voice Over. I am coming from
>> MATLAB_R2017b and I could move to the scripts using Voice Over, but if
>> somebody could confirm if this is one of the issues with the new versions,
>> that would be great. I am going to try to install an older version, but I
>> am not sure how far back I can go with the new ARM architecture: even with
>> emulation. The web version is not an option either.
>>> All of my other coding environments are working without any issues, but
>> I do need MatLab for a few things that are not easy to replicate.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Santi