[BlindMath] Questions about Nemeth and UEB

Kendra Schaber kschaber at my.chemeketa.edu
Thu Apr 6 15:25:05 UTC 2023

Hi all! The only thing I don’t like about UEB is you have to write 3 symbols for most accented letters instead of one symbol for the same thing. I recomend using uncontracted braille and the braille table and/or mode for your chosen language in order to read it correctly. I found it works well with Spanish braille. I agree that as time passes, the user preference will change from Nemeth to UEB. I particularly like UEB for web and email addresses because they’re much easier to read than in the old computer braille that US braille requires them to be written in.
Kendra