[BlindMath] Mathpix versus InftyReader

Rastislav Kish rastislav.kish at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 5 01:00:17 UTC 2023

Hi,

I guess it depends on the use case.

I have tried some images with Infty reader, but I didn't get any
meaningful output, just a load of random characters.

Mathpix, on the other hand, performed quite well, there was no PDF
OCR+Math recognition back at the time, so I developed a small utility to
help me capture the equations :)

https://github.com/RastislavKish/math_scanner

Now, Mathpix offers a complete PDF recognition, including OCR and
automatic math expressions processing. After their algorithm rewrite
some time ago, the results were quite impressive, at least on the
relatively simple test I tried.

I didn't do a more complex testing afterwards, since I had enough of
accessible material for the time.

I'm not sure about the Mathpix software interface, but their API is
simple enough to be used from a script via curl.

I could write a simple terminal utility for Mathpix processing documents
if you don't want to bother with the documentation. ;)

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 3. 7. 2023 o 12:08 Bert Van Landeghem via BlindMath napísal(a):