[BlindMath] arXiv-hosted forum: How can we make accessible research papers a reality?

Shamsi Brinn shamsi at arxiv.org
Thu Mar 23 14:42:28 UTC 2023

arXiv.org warmly invites you to attend a forum on April 17th on the topic
"How can we make accessible research papers a reality?"

This free, half-day, online forum will center the experiences of academic
researchers who directly experience barriers to accessing and reading
papers. The forum will be useful for people across the academic authoring
and publishing ecosystem who are committed to making accessible research
papers a reality. Together, we can chart a path towards fully accessible
research papers, and leave with practical next steps for our own
organizations.

Please find more details and registration info at this link
<https://info.arxiv.org/about/accessibility_forum.html>. Though we just
opened registration, the interest level for the event has been very high
and we encourage you to register sooner rather than later, if the content
looks useful. We want to make sure you get a seat.

I hope to see some of you on April 17th!
-Shamsi Brinn (on behalf of arXiv)