[BlindMath] Copying Math Expressions in HTML

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:19:28 UTC 2023

Sent to both BlindMath and VI coders lists. Read on to see why.

Hi Dana

I'm glad you've solved your problem. Your comments and a tutorial from
Lewis Wood have given me two ideas. They relate design and documentation,
and I do them in that order.  Perhaps users (blindmath) are more interested
in design, and coders in documentation.

Here's the design idea. Perhaps what you want is a simple "Copy math"
button after some or all formulas. And also a "Copy all math" or something
similar.

Here's a link to the page Lewi Wood wrote:
https://lewislwood.github.io/jwt-auth-role-express/

Here's the documentation idea. Being a sighted user, I didn't know that
shift+f10 brings up the MathJax menu, and hence its "Copy to clipboard". So
I did the following search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mathajx+shift+f10

I've looked at six promising links from this search (listed below). From
this it seems that a resource explaining MathJax, suitable for blind
newcomers, is not yet available.

https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/issues/939
https://math.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/29770/is-mathjax-accessible-for-people-using-screen-readers
https://math.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/5020/mathjax-basic-tutorial-and-quick-reference