[BlindMath] Request for information

Jonathan Godfrey A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Oct 2 00:48:50 UTC 2023

Tony,

LaTeX is useful for formatting large documents involving mathematical and other content. I'm not sure what you are hoping for in relation to templates because most people use the default settings so much. There are alternatives to LaTeX which may suit your situation better.

Writing mathematical expressions in LaTeX notation is  different to writing whole documents in LaTeX. You almost certainly want to learn the former, but do you need to do the latter.

If you use LaTeX, you will generate an inaccessible  pdf unless you also learn how to convert the source file to HTML. You will almost certainly not produce an MS Word document. That means proof-reading your work is likely to be an issue.

That leaves me wondering what sort of  strict formatting requirements you have to deal with. I'm sure you'll get even more advice if we know what your needs really are.

Jonathan