[BlindResearch] intro + seeking recruitment advice

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 18:30:10 UTC 2018

I also know of the Michigan Commission for the Blind, Michigan Parents
of Children with Visual Impairments (some children may be adults so
still not a bad idea) Michigan Sports Camp hosted by the United States
Association of Blind Athletes or some regional chapter, there is a
guide dog training school in Rochester (can't remember the name), and
Western Michigan University has a masters program in blindness rehab
and generally has a concentration of blind students. I recommend
reaching out to other universities, but they usually need a lot of
time to send recruitment announcements. And, it's a long shot, but if
any university has a disability cultural center, they might be a
better lead than going through the compliance-oriented disability
services offices.

Cindy

--
Cindy Bennett
https://www.bennettc.com/

Ph.D. Candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington