[BlindResearch] Advice Conducting Focus Group

Cohen, Alex H ACOHEN2 at wcupa.edu
Sat Jul 20 17:38:48 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon,

I have developed an app to improve accessibility for reading labels on medication and refilling prescriptions, and would like to conduct a focus group comprised of blind participants. I would like to be able to send participants the link to download the app as well as a link to a survey beforehand. My goal is to demonstrate the app and then receive feedback from the group. I myself am a blind researcher, but I have never been part of a focus group or conducted one myself. Any insights and advice for how to best operationalize a focus group of blind participants would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Alex

Alex H. Cohen, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Marketing Department

College of Business & Public Management #483

610.463.2092 (office)

215.292.1455 (Cell)

acohen2 at wcupa.edu<mailto:acohen2 at wcupa.edu>

Summer Office Hours: