[BlindResearch] Laptop Issues

Nazanin Heydarian nmheydarian at miners.utep.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:54:24 UTC 2022

Good morning, everyone
I am on the market for a new laptop and would like to know what others have
had success with. I am looking for something I can run a screen reader +
screen magnification on without crashing the laptop. On my current laptop,
I am running the built-in Narrator and Magnifier, and it crashes my
Microsoft apps like MS Word and PowerPoint sometimes...
I can go Mac if necessary, but a lot of the programs and things I need work
well on Windows.
I appreciate any help and advice.
Thanks in advance,
Naz

--
*Nazanin M. Heydarian, PhD.*

Assistant Professor

School of Social Work

University of Texas Rio Grande Valley

Project Director: PODER Project

Steve Hicks School of Social Work

University of Texas at Austin

Associate Editor

Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research

Pronouns (she/her/ella)