[BlindRUG] How to emboss R graphics with braille font embedded using Tiger embosser?

Erhardt, Robert erhardrj at wfu.edu
Mon Dec 14 20:32:27 UTC 2015

We use the Viewplus Max Embosser at Wake Forest University to emboss R
graphics like scatterplots (histograms are easier to work with using the
VI() command in the BrailleR package, there's often no reason to print
these).

The image is copied as a bitmap file, pasted into the Tiger Software suite
(comes with printer), and then one can adjust the contrast, add Braille
labels, and so forth.  Then you simply hit print.

When the company representative set up the embosser for us, he commented
that it was not really designed to be used by a blind user (unassisted).
We have never had a blind student emboss their own images, they've always
worked with an assistant.  However, others may have had success here so
I'll leave it to them to comment.  Cheers,
Rob

--
Dr. Rob Erhardt
Asst. Professor of Statistics