[BlindRUG] starting from scratch

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Apr 11 22:01:23 UTC 2016

Hello Syed,

I assume you are using a screen reader. Please do let us know how your computer is set up so we can offer the best assistance.

Can you confirm that you are using R in the terminal not the GUI mode?
You might listen to the mp3 clips downloadable from
http://r-resources.massey.ac.nz/BrailleR/
(Go to the bottom of that page for the links to various files.)

On the software review page I directed you to as part of a reply to your thread on another list,
http://r-resources.massey.ac.nz/statsoftware/
there are some links to recordings of tutorials at several Summer University events. You might think they are old and dated, but they are as relevant today as they were then. R has not left us blind users behind as has other statistical software over the years.

I hope this helps. I'm snowed under by a backlog of work I ignored for the first half of semester and I'm playing catch-up. Perhaps someone else on the list could offer to have a skype chat with you to help out.

Cheers,
Jonathan