[BlindRUG] Why Can't I Use WriteR?

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sun Aug 14 01:14:08 UTC 2016

OK, I think we have a bug to fix.

The path being pulled needs to be quoted so that Windows knows it is a path not a separated set of commands. I'll need to look into that over the next few days.

If you go into the folder where you were working and look for the pyw file you should be able to open it from Windows Explorer. Windows won't know how to open it so you will need to tell it to use python.exe which is probably in the python27 folder (assuming you let the default installation run its course.) Windows will ask if you want to use this program to open this type of file (always) in future. That won't hurt.

Jonathan