[BlindRUG] R3.2.4 released

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sat Mar 12 23:58:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I promptly downloaded the latest version of R in order to stay ahead of my students and anyone who might ask things of me. Given the next release is scheduled for mid-April, and that will be a more substantial step to version 3.3.0, I suggest remaining with your current version unless things start breaking with any packages you might want to use.

A package will remain functional even if you get a warning message telling you it was built under a newer version than you are running. It's unlikely you'll download a package that says it will need a specific minor version to run. In fact,  I haven't seen a package that needed to use any version of R since 3.1.0 and I can't even remember which package that was.

Cheers,
Jonathan