[BlindRUG] Sonify - a new R package

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Feb 6 07:58:09 UTC 2017

Thanks Robin,

For some time now I've wondered how to measure the ability of blind people to get on in academic or professional lives using R. I have a very short list of events/outcomes that signal to the R community that I am not the only blind person that gives a hoot about using R. Being involved in package development is one such activity.

I have been quietly waiting for someone (other than me) to send this exact type of message to BlindRUG, so today is a great day.

Btw: I'm not sharing my little list so I don't inspire anyone to  tick one of the boxes that way. I hope the natural progression of R users will take care of my milestone list as each blind user develops their skill set and interests, perhaps by way of levering off the work done by me and others on this list.

Cheers,
Jonathan