[BlindRUG] Emacs for Statistical Applications with Screen Readers

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 27 14:25:18 UTC 2017

Hi Laxmisagar,

If you are working in a buffer with a .R extension, ESS will know you are writing R commands and you can use the commands Robin described (yes, I use the same ones most frequently!) to submit the commands to the R process.

I keep two buffers open on my screen: the R process one, which is started by M-x R if you have ESS installed, and the one with my commands. I save the first one with an .Rt extension so I can retrieve the results of the R commands and the second one with its .R extension so I can edit and run the commands again.

I am so glad to know that it's possible to use NVDA with Emacs and R! Thank you!

Liz