[BlindRUG] update = slow down warning

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jun 12 23:55:16 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Last week I promoted the changes in BrailleR, one of which is the massive improvements in WriteR.

Well I have to admit to making a mistake. My BrailleR commands to help get everything set up easily for WriteR rely on a development version of the installr package that isn't yet available to anyone other than me and the main developer (Tal Galili).

The commands mentioned in the chapter of BrailleRInAction do not work as a consequence.

I am sorry to have wasted anyone's time trying out something that I ought to have realised wasn't truly operational.

Having said that, I do need some help from anyone using operating systems other than Windows, and anyone using Windows and Python 3 to work with (offline). I need you to  help make sure these operating systems and users can be supported into using WriteR.

Please make contact off-list if you can help.

Jonathan