[BlindRUG] New R User Having Trouble

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:50:28 UTC 2020

When typing just 'q', or it's alias 'quit', you're not calling that
function but end up displaying it's arguments and code.  To call a
function you need to use parentheses afterward.  Thus to quit R, type
'q()' or 'quit()', e.g.

> quit()
Save workspace image? [y/n/c]:

This is no different from calling any other functions in R, e.g. compare:

> sqrt(9)
[1] 3

> sqrt
function (x)  .Primitive("sqrt")