[BlindRUG] virtual meet up update

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jun 19 10:09:37 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I have a good number of responses, so the meet up is going ahead. If you have not replied then please do at a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz<mailto:a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz> with your time zone.

At present, I am having to accommodate time zones from GMT+2 to GMT-5 and my own GMT+12=GMT-12. The biggest gap in the set is therefore between GMT+12 and GMT+2, so Plan A is for a 20:00 GMT meet up. My apologies to those people who might therefore end up with a local start time of 10pm, but I need time to get both coffees finished before I join in at 8am my time. I'd like us to aim for a maximum session of 90 minutes so that GMT+2 people do get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I'm really not interested in having an agenda and there will not be minutes taken, because that would be a formal meeting, but I do want to give some guidance on what people can expect if they come along. I'm hoping everyone will offer to tell us about their use of R at home, work, or school. I'm happy to do that as a series of interviews if that helps maintain a flow.

I'll now reach out to the people who responded to find out the best date to proceed. I'll then share the meet up details with the whole RUG just in case anyone else comes forward...

Jonathan