[BlindRUG] Importing Data with R 4.2.0

Natasha Ishaq natasha.ishaq2001 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 01:35:13 UTC 2022

Hello,

My name is Natasha and I am an undergraduate student currently completing an independent study in which a professor is looking for me to complete a  variety of statistical tests in R. Within the next few days, I have the task of finding an appropriate data set and ensuring it is compatible within R.

I have R 4.2.0 installed on my Windows computer. I found that there is a dataset available in R called iris. I am trying to learn how to install and download that dataset but am struggling to find the most convenient and accessible way to do so (I’ve tried reading different articles and watching YouTube videos for several hours, but I am more confused now than I was when I first started).

I was also trying to see if I could download a dataset from online, such as the General Social Survey (GSS) 2018 dataset, but I am finding that that may be even more challenging of a process, so I figured trying to access the iris dataset would be my best bet—I’m just unsure of how to successfully do it.

I’d be grateful for any insight and assistance anyone might be able to provide or share.

Thanks,
Natasha