[BlindRUG] Are tables in Shiny apps accessible?

Seo, JooYoung jseo1005 at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 13 19:27:08 UTC 2024

Hi Liz and all,

I recommend using {gt} package in conjunction with {shiny}. {gt} is a table package just like {DT}, but {gt} provides much more accessible user experience because we designed it against web content accessibility guidelines. In {gt}, we tied all the th and scope according to the accessibility guidelines. I was directly involved in both {shiny} and {gt} accessibility project, and I can address any other follow-up questions.

All the best,

JooYoung

--------------------
JooYoung Seo, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Assistant Professor, School of Information Sciences
Faculty Affiliate, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
Faculty Affiliate, Illinois Informatics Institute
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Room 5158, 614 E. Daniel St.
Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 333-2671 | jseo1005 at illinois.edu
ischool.illinois.edu/people/jooyoung-seo

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.