[Blindtlk] the Kurzweil NFB reader for full length books

Robert J Smith rsmith247 at csc.com
Wed Dec 10 19:24:47 UTC 2008

Hi list.  I was just curious if any users of the Kurzweil NFB Reader have
used it to read full length paperback or hard cover books and if so, was
it overly difficult?  I was advised by a distributor that it would be
somewhat tedious to read whole books with it and he advised me to get some
kind of desktop system to do that kind of reading.  He did say though that
the unit is up to handling that kind of task as far as being rugged
enough.  I'm thinking if I can read full length books with a smaller, less
expensive portable unit I would rather do that instead of using a desktop
unit which of course would take up a ways more space.

Thank you in advance.

Robert Smith

delivery.
purpose.